Interested in competing? Awesome! Here are the rules:
- All competitors must agree to follow the below cook-off rules and pre-register using our entry form here.
- All ingredients must be vegan: no eggs, dairy (butter, milk, whey, etc.), gelatin, honey, meat, confectioner's glaze, food dyes derived from animal products, certain sugars, etc. No exceptions. If you have a question about an ingredient, email us.
- Our theme for the April cook-off is comfort food: hors d’oeuvres, soups, mac 'n' cheese, desserts, and beyond... Any recipe that brings you comfort is eligible— as long as it's vegan!
- This is an amateur competition, but that doesn't mean the competition won't be fierce! No professional bakers, chefs, or caterers, please. Aspiring pros are welcome.
- There is no kitchen at the venue, so all cooking will need to be done beforehand. You may assemble your dish at the table you are assigned to, which you will share with another competitor.
- Prepare enough food to provide 175 tasting samples for the voting audience, judges, and press. If in doubt, make more, but 175 is the minimum.
- Bring a printed list of ingredients for those who may have allergy questions.
- Make a simple sign (or an elaborate one) with the name of your dish. Be creative!
- The event will begin at 2pm. You may arrive as early as 12pm to set up and get settled, but we recommend arriving no later than 1pm so you're not rushing and can meet and bond with your fellow competitors.